Wednesday, August 8, 2007

off we go...

It's August 8th, and today is the first day of a 2.5 week vacation with two of my best friends MET and HAW. I figured since cellular communication is not as cheap as it should be that this thing called "blogging" that my dad is always talking about would be a great way to keep the family/friends updated.

so here is my first attempt at this...lets see how it goes...I'll try to keep it updated with stories and pictures of what we are doing..

Traveling through Europe is something that I have always wanted to do and cannot wait to walk the streets of london, listening to Holly Anne explaining all of the fine sights to see in her british accent..for those of you who have spent a minimum of one minute with her, you are well aware of her extensive array of accents; and her british accent, if i do say so myself, is rather amazing and will add much to my England experience. After England its off to various spots in Germany, Austria, Paris and back to London.

I think for the three of us this is a pretty important trip...it comes at a time where when we come back August 26th we are no longer the young college students we still feel we are, for we will then have to enter the real world; whether thats going to Thailand to teach, moving to Tennesse to attend gradschool or settle into what people are calling a "career". If you have talked to any of us we are excited and slightly petrified for this next chapter in our lives, however, this will be a perfect close to the previous deemed "the best years of your life--the college years".

So in great anticipation for the adventures ahead amungst the dread of 11 hours on a plane, I am so thankful to have this opportunity to travel Euorpe with the best group of friends in the world. So thanks to those whom have made this possible because you will never know how grateful I am to be able to live such a dream life.

3 comments:

KAREN said...

Hi Megan Michelle,

Happy Birthday Megan! Celebrate London style!!!!! Have a wonderful trip and happy blogging!!!! LOVE YOU! Stay safe!! MOM

KAREN said...

Megan,

Wow, what a trip, I love this blog idea, I can know your safe the entire trip. Tell everyone hi, love you! Mom

Anonymous said...

Hey Megan,

Very glad you are safe and having a great trip.

I wish I was there.

I find it hard to believe there was no hangover after the Birthday bash. Hmmm perhaps all your college drinking has finally paid off....

Live large have fun.

Dad